Sunday, June 2, 2013

Out of the Box: Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious

*I purchased the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara at my local Rite Aid. I'm not being paid by Revlon or any other company to review this product. This review is my honest opinion*

I'm constantly on the look out for the best (drugstore) mascara for my short and sparse lashes. I've been pretty loyal to the Maybelline brand when it comes to mascara. The Falsies waterproof is what I usually get. I've also tried the Falsies flare which also worked out very well for me. Right now, I've switching off between the Rocket and Mega Plush (both by Maybelline).
Then I spotted the Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. I'm very curious about the "Grow Luscious" part since I have very little lashes. Now, I'm not expecting miracles with this mascara when it comes to helping my lashes grow, but you never know. 
Pictures & Review after the jump!

I purchased this from my local Rite Aid for $7.99, which isn't overly expensive in my opinion. This is the first time I'm trying a mascara from Revlon.

Packaging:
Probably the prettiest packaging for drugstore mascara that I've seen. Which is what prompt me to buy it (I know, I'm such a sucker for packaging!)

Me without mascara = non-existent lashes

Wand:
The Illusionist Wand is bigger than what I'm used to, but the 3 section wand makes it very easy to coat lashes and distribute the product evenly. 


Formula:
The mascara is infused with strengthening proteins, amino acids, and essential vitamins which helps to revitalize lashes. I bought the waterproof kind, which isn't too wet, but not too dry either. For me, this formula is a happy medium. The consistency reminds me of the Mega Plush. 


Application: 
I tried it without curling my lashes on one eye, and curling it on the other. The brush took a little getting used to because of its size. Other than that, I didn't have any problem coating my lashes. Lower lashes was a little harder to get to. 
Without curling my lashes


Curled lashes, but as you can see the curls did not hold




Lasting Power:
I've read in other reviews that this mascara can flake and give you the oh so lovely raccoon eyes. So far, I've not experience either and I've had this one for about 7 hours. The waterproof formula doesn't dry brittle, and keeps my lashes natural looking (which is what I prefer). The downside is that it didn't hold my curls... at all! Sometimes this happens with brand new mascara so once the tube isn't as wet, I hope it'll hold the curls.

Final Verdict:
Aside from the beautiful packaging, this mascara didn't exactly deliver the volume I had hoped. It did give me a little more length, which I could always use. I'm hoping that this vitamin infused formula will help strengthen my lashes. I'm not asking for a miracle for anything, but maybe this'll help my lashes grow a bit. Other than that, I'm not super impressed with it right out of the box. It's disappointing because I do like the brush and the consistency. I will continue to use this mascara for the next 2 weeks, to see if it makes a difference in my lashes, and to see if it'll hold my curls. So check back for updates!

Have you tried the Revlon Lash Potion? Tell me your experience by commenting below =)

-Wendy

Follow me on:
Instragram: @WendyLee27


Twitter: @WendyWLee

No comments:

Post a Comment