Sunday, December 21, 2014

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation & Powder | Out of the Box Review

*Purchased by me
Recently, Maybelline released a new collection of foundation and powder under the existing line of Fit Me foundations. While finishing up my Christmas shopping at Target today, I spotted the new display. The display contained the new Fit Me Matte+Poreless, Fit Me Dewy+Smooth, and the Fit Me Gel Stick Foundation. (photos & more after the jump)


Fit Me Matte + Poreless, Dewy + Smooth, Gel Stick Foundation - wendyprettylittlethings.blogspot.com

As you can see, the packaging for the Fit Me foundation (with the exception of the stick foundation) is pretty much the same, with the added matte+poreless or dewy+smooth on respective bottles. Does this mean the original Fit Me is going bye bye? I'm not sure, since right below this new display, is the original foundation.



What I CAN tell you, is that I have tried the new Matte+Poreless foundation and powder. If you want to get my first impression and demo, check out the video below:


I think the new collection is great and really caters to individual needs based on skin type. The Matte+Poreless is targeted for those with normal to oily skin, and the Dewy+Smooth is for those with dry to normal skin. For those of us with combination skin (like me),well, that all depends on how your skin works with the product. 

For me, the Matte+Poreless helps control shine, especially in my T-zone. The powder does wonders on keeping me shine-free for a long time. I love how well it blends, and its very build-able. One of my main concerns was, "Will this foundation emphasis any dry spots?" The answer (so far) is no. This foundation doesn't completely mattify my skin. It gives me more of a satin/semi-matte finish. 

I'm very curious on how the Dewy+Smooth compares to the original FitMe foundation. I really liked the way the original foundation applied and blended. Both contain SPF. But I feel like the Dewy+Smooth would just leave me looking like a shiny/oily mess after a couple of hours, even after setting it with powder.

Have you seen the new FitMe collection at your local drugstores? Which one would you purchase? Leave me a comment below!

Stay Pretty!
-Wendy





No comments:

Post a Comment