Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Top 5 Mascara Picks (For short Asian lashes)

If you're familiar with my blog or my YouTube channel, you know that I struggle a lot with my short and straight lashes. I need volume, length, and the ability to hold a curl. After trying way too many mascaras, I've finally narrowed down my top 5 choices.
To see what mascaras made it after the jump!

Best Mascaras for Asian Lashes | PrettyLittleThings.blogspot.com



In no particular order, here are my top 5 mascaras:

 L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara (waterproof)
Waterproof mascara holds my curls the best, so I usually opted for waterproof when I pick up a new mascara. The Miss Manga mascara is very black and very volumizing. It gave my lashes the length they needed, and held my curls all day. The tapered brush makes reaching my inner and bottom lashes much easier, and the flexible wand helps the brush move along my lashes. Bonus: this mascara doesn't flake or smudge.

L'Oreal Butterfly Lash Out Mascara (waterproof)
My favorite thing about this mascara is the comb-like brush. It catches all of my lashes, and pulls them up AND out, giving me really great length. Since this is a waterproof formula, it holds the curl all day. No flaking or smudging after a full day of wear. When I wear this mascara, it really opens up my eyes.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (waterproof)
The brush of this mascara is very similar to the Butterfly mascara. The bristles are a bit shorter, as well as the length of the brush, and I feel that it fits my eye shape better. Same as the Butterfly, this mascara really lifts my lashes up. I get great length all day. I've definitely been reaching for this mascara a lot.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Despite the many makeup products I own by Urban Decay, this is actually the first mascara I've ever purchased. This is also NOT a waterproof formula. So imagine my surprise when my curls stayed all day when I wear this mascara. This is also the blackest mascara in my makeup stash. It's very volumizing, making my lashes look a lot fuller than they actually are. The brush is more on the traditional side, and it took a little getting used to since I've been using the Butterfly or the Lash Sensational's comb like brush. But once I got the hang of it again, this mascara REALLY performs.

It Cosmetics Hello Lashes Extensions Mascara
This is my first purchase from It Cosmetics. This mascara has melted fibers, which makes my lashes look SUPER long. My lashes looks full and long, and I love how natural and soft they look. Also, this mascara doesn't clump (even after 2 coats). The only downside is that this mascara doesn't hold my curls as well as the UD or waterproof drugstore mascaras.

Readers, what are some of your top/go-to mascaras? Share with me in the comments below!

-Stay Pretty!










No comments:

Post a Comment