Friday, August 16, 2013

Final Word: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer

I try to incorporate primer into my make-up routine. While I could pay extra for a great high-end primer, I'm usually more drawn to the drugstore brands (way more affordable). I've been using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer. I was drawn to it because I really like the Instant Age Rewind concealer. 





The ingredients in Maybelline Instant Age Rewind primer includes:

  • Dimethicone
  • Dimethicone crosspolymer
  • Stearyl Heptanoate
  • Caprylyl Glycol


I really like that the primer is made up mostly of silicone and skin conditioning ingredients. It's always made my skin feel super smooth and foundation just glided on. However, it also made my skin appear oily after a short while (about 2 hours), and then I look like a shiny mess. Ever after blotting or re-applying powder, the oiliness and shine came back after about an hour or so. 

Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing this primer. It's a shame because I really like the Instant Age Rewind concealers and they work well for me. This means I'll be continuing the search for my HG primer.

Have you tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind primer? How did it work out for you? What primer would you recommend? Let me know by leaving a comment below =)



No comments:

Post a Comment