Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spotted: Cover Girl Bombshell Volume Mascara & Intensity Liner

Usually the CVS in my area doesn't get any new make up products until much later, so I was pretty surprised when I walked in to see the new Bombshell mascara and liner from Cover Girl
As you can see in the photos below, this new CoverGirl mascara called Bombshell Volume. The liner right below it is also a part of the Bombshell collection called Intensity Liner.

Display stand at CVS

A closer look at the Bombshell Volume Mascara
Right off the bat, I noticed that the size of the tube seems to be pretty bulky. It's also not (yet?) available in waterproof formula. Just like the L'oreal Extend Beauty Tubes, this CG mascara has one side for volume boost base coat, and the other side for top coat. From what I've researched, it seems like the base coat is not a white color like the L'oreal mascara. That is something I can appreciate because now I won't have to worry about some parts of my lashes looking white, haha! I didn't bring this home with me today, but I will in the future.
As for the Bombshell Intensity Liner, it claims to give you 24hr wear. This liner has a felt tip, which I really love. I don't know if this liner is something I'd come back for... I'm happy with my Milani and Maybelline liner and don't really feel like I need to try something new.
The Bombshell Volume Mascara retails for about $8 to $9 and the Intensity Liner at about $7 (at my local CVS)

GC CoverGirl Intensity Liner at CVS
Besides the Bombshell Collection, I also stumbled upon a very empty (tear!) Maybelline ColorSensations Buff lipsticks display. In the photo below, you can also see next to the Buffs lipstick display is the Baby Skin Pore Eraser display. There was only 1 left and it came home with me... MUAH HAHAHAHA YAY!

The nearly empty Maybelline display case for Color Sensational Buffs lipstick. Poor little lonley lipstick.
Also spotted the Covergirl TruBlend foundation and SkinPerfector compacts. I passed on the bronzer and the illuminator and just brought home the Skin Mattifier.



Also spotted the Revlon Photoready Skinlights!!! You can bet I'llbe coming back to purchase this. It doesn't say "Limited Edition" on this display, so I'm thinking this product is back and here to stay.
WendyPrettyLittleThings.blogspot.com | Revlon Photoready Skinlights
Next to the Photoready Skinlights is the Revlon Age Defying CC Cream. It comes in 4 shades (light, light medium, medium, and medium deep). I'm also noticing on a lot of the new displays that they're coming with a tester secured by a security cord. It's a great add so that we can try it out before making a decision.

Revlon Age Defying CC Cream |  wendyprettylittlethings.blogspot.com
Last but not least, here's what I came home with today. Check back for my reviews on these products!


Thanks for scrolling through all the photos I have in today's post! What have you spotted at your local drugstores? Tell me in the comments below!!!

-Stay Pretty!
Wendy

2 comments: