Sunday, November 24, 2013

Out Of The Box: L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara


A while ago, I found out on L'oreal's website that they were coming out with a new mascara with a innovative wand called the Butterfly mascara. Once I saw the comb-like brush, I knew that I had to try it out.
So how did it work out for me? Keep reading to find out!


Let's just jump right to it! I've never purchased any mascara from L'oreal before, so this is my first one and I really didn't have any kind of expectations. When I search for reviews online, the results were very 50/50. Then I found a coupon for $2 off at CVS... done! I went to CVS and brought my new toy home.

Packaging:
It's in sleek, super shiny silver tube. Standard mascara tube size, I guess, it doesn't feel overly bulky in my hands.

Photo Source 

The Wand:
Ahhh yes,the fancy comb-like wand... It was a bit weird at first and took a little getting used but once I got the hang of it, I was able to comb through my lashes pretty well. I don't feel like I need to wiggle the wand to coat all of my lashes.

The Formula:
I had hoped that the formula wouldn't be too wet because it's not waterproof, but unfortunately, it is. The very first time I used this mascara, it it made my lashes drop and wouldn't hold the curls. Once I started to scrap off any excess formula before I apply, it was much better and my curls stayed all day.
Also, no clumping for me! (yaaaay)
The downside is that there is some minor flaking due to its fiber formula, but not a whole lot.
There's also a slight perfume scent to it. In the review, it seems like that bothered a lot of people, but for me it's not that big of a deal.

For me, this new wand is really great. I love that it helps to distribute the mascara evenly through my lashes and it didn't clump. As for the formula, it's just a bit too wet for me. I don't know if it'll (maybe) dry up with more use. I wish it lifted my lashes more, but again this may be because of the wet formula.

Have you tried the Butterfly mascara? Tell me your experience in the comments below!

-Stay Pretty!
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. the mascara looks good but it's too bad that it's too wet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too bad. So I ended up buying the waterproof version.

      Delete