Friday, January 16, 2015

Spotted: Fresh Effects Clear Skin (for acne treatment)

By now, you've seen Olay's Fresh Effects full line of face wash, moisturizer, cleansing wipes, and etc in stores. But have you seen their new zit zapping product? Keep reading to find out more!

As you can tell by the name, the new products are all about treating acne. Unfortunately, when the cleanser in the display was empty when I saw it. But we know there are 3 new products in this new line. A cleanser, a treatment, and a mattifier (moisturizer?).



If you can read the sentence on the display that is right below the products, it says "Just 15 minutes to reduce the look of blemishes, redness, and pores". What?! That sounds pretty amazing to me, and a pretty big claim if you ask me.
As someone who have struggled with acne, if I saw a product with that claim, it'd come home with me right away. Luckily, I've got my acne situation under control, and with the exception of occasional  breakouts here and there, I'm not currently using a 3 step acne treatment routine.
But these new products still intrigue me, and I'm really thinking about going back to the store to get at least the spot zinger for when I have breakouts.


 As far as I can tell, the Spot Zinger is an acne treatment with salicylic acid. I favor salicylic acid over benzyl peroxide (like in ProActiv). As it turns out, my skin is pretty sensitive to benzyl peroxide, and my face had a bad reaction to it. Also, if you see on the actual product box, it claims to "improve the look of blemishes in just 10 mins". If that is the case, I'll definitely be stocking up on these.


The 3rd product in the Clear Skin line is the Swirled Mattifier. I'm thinking this is to be used in place of a moisturizer. Not sure if this product has any sort of moisturizing property, but it claims to reduce shine and redness.
Unfortunately, I didn't catch the price when I snapped these photos, but I spotted this at my local CVS if you want to know where I saw it.

So, have you spotted this new line from Olay Fresh Effects? Do you think this is something you'll purchase? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!

-Stay Pretty!
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment