Sunday, September 9, 2012

Out of the Box: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner

Lately I've found myself reaching for my liquid eyeliner more than my gel liner (which I usually use all year round). I've been a fan of the Milani Eye Tech liquid liner (with a felt tip) but I only had it in brown until recently.

While I was out searching for the Milani Eye Tech liner in Black, I came across the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner. For $6.99 I figured... why not?



Packaging:
On the packaging, it shows a picture of the liner having a longer felt tip, which makes lining your inner corner quite easy. It also claims to have continuous flow, ink intensity (color intensity, I guess?), and 12 hour wear. I think the liner has a very sleek look.

Photo Source: Google

Photo Source: Google
Application:
The longer tip made application VERY easy. I didn't have any trouble lining my inner corner. I was able to do the basic wing very fast. I have to agree that the intensity of the ink is great. It's very black, and dries matte (not shiny like other liquid liners I've tried). The flow of the ink is also great.

Staying Power:
The only thing I don't like is that it smudges very easily. After only 2 hours of putting it on, it was smudge...

You can see that the outer part of the wing has already smudged here

It wasn't too hot out today, but I didn't wear primer. That could be a reason why it smudged, but when it says "12hr wear" I didn't expect it to smudge and run on me after 2 hours. The liner isn't waterproof, so I guess that's why it smudged so easily although I don't have a problem with smudging with my Milani liquid liner.

Final Thoughts:
It's a great liner because of how easy it is to apply. I love the longer felt tip! It makes lining your eyes effortless. However, I couldn't believe how quickly it runs/smudged on me after just 2 hours! I didn't wear an eyeshadow primer today, so that could have helped it stay on me longer but not everyone wear a primer...
Unfortunately, I won't be repurchasing. As much as I love the tip on this liner, I can't get over the fact that it didn't stay put and I would hate having to worry if I look like a raccoon every hour.

Have you tried the Maybelline Master Precise liquid liner? What are some of your thoughts? What other liquid liner do you think I should try out? Let me know by commenting below =)

-Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment