Saturday, November 17, 2012

Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012

Right after the re-launch of the Influenster website, they started to send out VoxBoxes. The one I received was the Beauty Blogger VoxBox. As always, each VoxBox is filled with new (and amazing) products that I get to test out and to review.

Keep reading to see the goodies that was in the Beauty Blogger VoxBox




NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact:
There were several shades of the IndividualEyes compact. I recieved Dark Shadows, which is a silver/grey/charcoal quad. 




What's so great about this product that it's an all-in-one compact. The colors are already paired together for you, and it comes with primer and illuminator! The color pay off is pretty good. The primer actually works pretty well! It glides on very smoothly and holds the colors for quite a while. The illuminator is my favorite, its not overly glittery and it stays on for a long time. 
You can find this at your local drug store for $4.99. Visit www.newyorkcolor.com to see the all the different IndividualEyes Compacts.

Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit:
Though I have worn false lashes before, I'm not an expert when it comes to applying them, so this kit is great for someone like me. The kit comes with a pair of very full and luscious lashes, lash applicator, and glue. 


The glue is latex-free and you can see on the box that it claims to have 24-hour hold, so we'll see if these lashes can last all night long. The applicator also looks promising. I usually use my fingers to apply false lashes, but sometimes glue gets on my fingers and it makes everything sticky. Using the applicator will minimize that, and keep the lashes from getting bent. Kiss Lashes retails for $5.99 (for the starter kits) and can be found at your local Walgreens, Walmart, or CVS. To see what other lashes they have, visit www.everezlashes.com

Bath & Body Works Mini Candles:
I love scented candles, so when I saw this in my VoxBox, I was ecstatic! The scent I got is Pumpkin Cupcake. It really does smell like a pumpkin cupcake! I love that it's so cute and tiny


What I like about the mini candles (beside the fact that it looks adorable on my nightstand) is that you can grab it from the store to test out a certain scent before committing to a big 3-wick candle. You can find mini candles at any Bath & Body Works, as well as on www.bathandbodyworks.com. Retails for $3.50

EBOOST:
This is kind of like Emergen-C, except that EBOOST also gives you energy! It says that it'll boost your mood, focus, and immunity. 



I got the orange flavor. Since I was actually a little sick when I got my VoxBox, I put EBOOST to use right away. It mixes up easily in 8oz of water. I thought the flavor was a little strong... and a bit creamy tasting, but not too bad. About 15 minutes after, I did feel more energized and didn't experience any "crash" later on. Overall, I liked it though if I were to repurchase, I'd get a different flavor. They have Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, and Super Berry. Retails at $28 for box of 20, $39 for box of 30, and $39 for box of 12 shots. Visit www.eboost.com

Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin:
I love these! I first found out about the from a friend who had them in her hair. I was so intrigued by the fact that her hair was held up all day by 2 spiral pins that I had to get them for myself.



Ever since I got these, I haven't used an elastic hairband. I find it much better for my hair to just throw it up in a bun and spin the pins in. I don't to have deal with the elastic putting a crease in my hair or pulling out some of my hair. This is definitely a good investment! They also have mini Spin Pins for those with short hair, or want to try out some half up, half down hairstyles.  Retails for $7.29 and you can find it at Target, CVS, and Walgreens.Visit www.goody.com for more Simple Styles. 

Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream:
I don't usually use frizz control hair product since I have pin straight Asian hair. My hair product consist of hair spray, dry shampoo, heat protectant, and volume boosting spray. So when I saw this in my VoxBox, I thought to myself "When am I going to use this?!" Well, the next day, my baby hairs was acting up and I had uncontrollable fly-aways. I decide to put a small amount of NYM Smooth Moves in my hair, and it actually tamed my fly-aways! 


This also has a very pleasant coconut scent, not overpowering. It didn't weigh my hair down or make it look like I had product in my hair. I just might continue to use this! Retails for $6 for a full size 4oz bottle. For more info, visit www.nymbrands.com

Are you an Influenster? If so, did you get a Blogger VoxBox and what's your favorite product? If you're not an Influenster, visit www.influenster.com and find out more about VoxBox programs.
Which of these products have you tried? Let me know your thoughts in the comment below =)

-Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment