Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream!

I love BB cream, so naturally I was ecstatic when I found out I'd be getting this in my Sunkissed VoxBox from Influenster. I like Olay products too, so that was an added bonus.
The shade I got is in Light to Medium. The other shade is Fair to Light. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in a darker shade.




Keep reading to find out what I really think about Olay's Fresh Effects BB cream.



First of all, I love that Olay/Influenster gave us the full size to review! So awesome! Now, on with the review.

I still have yet to find a US BB cream that I can compare to my go-to Asian brands, and the Olay Fresh Effects is no exception. To me, it's more like a tinted moisturizer with sun protection. 
This BB cream also gives you 5 skin perfecting benefits:
  • Refreshes
  • Brightens
  • Evens Tone
  • Hydrates
  • Smoothes



I definitely agree that it protects. I've been wearing this all summer long, so far, no sun burn! Actually I agree that it hydrates, refreshes and smoothes. I don't really feel that it evens tone or brightens as well as the product claims, and here's why:

Application

My initial thought when I applied this was "Whoa! This smells AMAZING!". It has a nice and light floral scent. Not overpowering, which is great since you're putting this on your face. It's in a squeeze tube, which I love for face products. It glides on pretty smoothly even without a primer.

Coverage

Even though this is called a BB cream, it doesn't quite have the coverage like the Asian brand BB cream. It goes on very sheer, basically like a tinted moisturizer. I don't feel that it does covers very much. If you're trying to cover a blemish or something, the BB cream along won't do the job. You'll need to use concealer for extra coverage.

Did It Break Me Out?

Thankfully, no! In fact, I noticed that it diminished my breakouts. I usually get some blemishes around my nose and chin. Since I started to use this BB cream, I noticed that the blemish goes away faster. Because of this, I've continue to use it and it's really helped my skin.


Will I Repurchase?

If I was looking for something with decent coverage, the Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream wouldn't be my top choice... but since this product has really helped with my breakouts, I've decided that I will repurchase. I love the scent and the sun protection, and just in awe how much its helped with acne. When I use it with concealer, I still feel like it covers up what needs to be covered up, without it being overly cakey. 

Have you tried the Olay Fresh Effects BB cream, or any other Fresh Effects products? Tell me your thoughts by commenting below =)


Thanks for reading!
-Wendy






No comments:

Post a Comment