Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recreated: Sultry Blue Smokey Eyes

This Sultry Blue Smokey eye was created by Letitia Laura (YouTube). Usually, I don't wear blue eyeshadow. I like to stick with more neutral tones like browns and grays, but when I saw the tutorial for this look I thought "I gotta try this". She didn't use a harsh blue and I thought the gray worked really well with it. So here's what I did to recreate the look:


Letitia applied a white shadow base on her lids first. Since I didn't have a white shadow base, I used my Elf shadow primer in Pearl (it came in a set of 3 - pearl, champagne, and sheer $3)


Next, she applied a blue shimmer shadow by Inglot. I don't own any Inglot shadows (though I wish I did!), so I improvised and used the L'oreal Infallible in Infinite Sky.


To intensify the blue, I applied Urban Decay's Shatter on top.


Letitia applied a matte gray into the crease. I don't know the name of the gray I used because it's from an Elf palette, but any matte gray will work. Then use a matte black for my lash line (use angle brush to wing it out).


Using the same matte black shadow and line the outer lower lash line. 



To finish off the look, I applied a little bit more Shatter to my lids, and applied mascara. Letitia added glitter and falsies which made the look even more gorgeous and intense.  I didn't do that since I just wanted to see if the colors would look okay on me. When I do this again (for a night out), I will probably add falsies and glitter as well.

Here's the final look:


I really liked this look and can't wait to try it again (complete with foundation, blush, and lipgloss) for a night out. To see all the products that Letitia Laura used, check out her tutorial! 
 

**Special thanks to Letitia Laura for allowing me to post this on my blog.

-Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment