Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Review

If you use waterproof mascara and eyeliner like me, then you're probably in need of a good and reliable eye makeup remover. When I saw the Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover in my Frost VoxBox, I was so excited! It's oil free, gentle, and removes waterproof mascara! To find out if it really does everything it claims, just read on!

To properly test this, I wore my black ScandalEye waterproof eyeliner (by Rimmel), and the Lash Sensational waterproof mascara (by Maybelline). I had both liner and mascara on for about 6 hours before removal.

The formula of the makeup remover has the consistency of water. There's no harsh scent or perfume. I just pour some product onto a cotton round and held it over my eye for about 7 seconds before sweeping. The product didn't sting or burn my eyes.

So far, so good!

Then after a couple sweeps, I realized that not only my eye makeup wasn't budging, I wasn't seeing any makeup products on the cotton round (like you normally would when removing makeup). So I held the cotton round over my eyes for a bit longer, and tried sweeping again. Still no luck.
I tried again with a brand new cotton round, and a bit more remover, and only little bit of mascara was coming off. My eyeliner smudged, but didn't come off. And now, I looked like a raccoon.
I tried with a third cotton round, but still no results... I gave up. 

It's really disappointed me because I had high hopes for this. I like that there's no perfume or harsh scent, I like that it was a gentle formula, and didn't hurt my eyes. I also liked the price (retails for $7.49). But it just didn't work for me. I'm also surprised that it didn't manage to take off the Rimmel eyeliner since they're the same brand. I feel awful throwing away a full bottle of product, so I'll hold on to it and use when I wear minimal (and non-waterproof makeup), but will not be repurchasing this.

Readers and fellow Influenster, have you tried Rimmel's gentle eye makeup remove? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

-Stay Pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment